Wear, Wash & CARE
Plastic pollution in our oceans is easy to see. But there is something dangerous, which is not that easy to notice. Microplastics. There are 500 times more microplastics in our oceans than stars in our galaxy!
Microplastics are very small plastic particles generally less than 5 mm in size. There are significant levels of microplastics polluting the ocean, freshwater and land. Microplastic entering the ocean is absorbed by its inhabitants and reaches people through the food chain, which negatively affects all participants of this process. Microplastic builds up in our bodies. All aspects of this harm have not yet been fully understood. Single clothes wash may release 700,000 microplastic fibres.
Luckily, recycled fabrics reduce the impact of microplastic and leave less fibre in the water. But it's still good to follow some simple steps and take care of your purchase properly.
Here is a more sustainable way to take care of your new purchase and reduce the impact of microplastics pollution.
- Wear more than once. It's not necessary to wash your set after every use. Just rinse it quickly with cold water to get rid of possible external substances like suncream and chlorine. Only wash clothes when they are dirty.
- Hand wash. It also helps to save energy and water.
- In case you decided to use the washing machine, wash at a maximum of 30 degrees and eco-friendly program and make sure your machine is full.
- Use a laundry bag to prevent shedding microfibers from ending up in oceans. Remember to wash cold, use liquid detergent (less friction and shedding).
- Don't use the dryer. Tumble Drying increases the fragility of our clothes and increases microfiber shedding during the next wash.
- Mix and match. Our collection is built that way, that you are free to mix and match our models and colours the way you like for double sustainability. And don't worry if you wear the same thing a couple of days in a row.