- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Data protection in countries outside Europe
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
SAVE THE WAVE collects the following data:
- Contact data. We collect your name, surname and e-mail when you create an account. Accounts can be used for a simple checkout process, saving your preferences and history. Also, we use your contact data in order we can fulfil your customer support request.
- Payment data. We collect your name, billing address, shipping address,
payment information (including credit card numbers, e-mail, phone number the moment you place the order, so we are able to deliver the product to you. This data is collected in order to provide products or services to you to fulfil our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Responsive data. If you are subscribed to our mailing, you will receive from us an email, containing information, related to our brand. We use marketing tools to analyse and collect the data related to e-mail opens/clicks.
- Technical Data. We gather information, like your Internet Protocol (IP) address, in order we can identify the country of your origin and provide you with accurate currency and language. We collect other information like your browser type, click-activity, referring websites, etc. version of web browser, time zone, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site. Data collected in order to load the Site accurately for you and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site. Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels and shared with our processor Shopify.
- Identity Data. In case, we carry out a giveaway, loyalty program or any other contest we will ask you to provide some information if you agree on that. This information is only used to identify winners, improve our operations and our products.
- Behaviour-based advertising. This means that a third party uses a procedure to collect information about your customer preferences in order they can provide advertising about our products based on your interests. That advertising may appear either on our website or other websites/ social media. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- You can opt-out of targeted advertising by:
Additionally, you can opt-out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info/.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 16. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
Sharing personal information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfil our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
To organise order delivery your contact details are shared with shipping and fulfilment apps like, After Ship, Budbee, Re convert purchase upsell.
Your data securely used by one of the gateways, that you choose to make a payment like Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Maestro, iDeal, Shop Pay, Apple Pay, Google pay, Bankcontact or Paypal.
How do we store your data?
SAVE THE WAVE will only obtain your personal information in case you are our client and gave us permission. If you no longer willing to be a customer and you want to have the information removed from our system, send your request to us and we will assist you with it:
We ask you for your consent to keep your data for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to get emails from us, please click unsubscribe (you can find the link on a bottom of every email we send you).
In case of violation or fraud, non-compliance with our Terms & Conditions we remain the right to keep the part of your information as required to solve the legal dispute.
How will we use your data?
SAVE THE WAVE collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order, payments, returns via online services and send you notifications of delivery statuses and manage your account.
- We will send you marketing emails you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like, information about upcoming events or other news.
- We will also use your data to handle complaints and product returns.
- Your personal data will be used to identify your legal age for shopping online and to confirm your address with external partners to organise, for instance, product delivery.
- Further, your personal data will be used to conduct competitions, surveys or reward loyalty programs.
When SAVE THE WAVE processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
SAVE THE WAVE would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt-out at a later date. Your contact details are shared with Shopify and Seguno Email marketing, which allows us to provide you with e-mail communication you agreed on.
You have the right at any time to stop SAVE THE WAVE from contacting you. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, email us at: email@example.com so we can process your request.
Using Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfilment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail using the details provided below: SAVE THE WAVE ®, Van Ostadestraat 146, 4a, 1072TE Amsterdam, Netherlands
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
What are your data protection rights?
SAVE THE WAVE would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request SAVE THE WAVE for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that SAVE THE WAVE correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that SAVE THE WAVE erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that SAVE THE WAVE restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to SAVE THE WAVE processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that SAVE THE WAVE transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance, whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin.|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secret||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.|
|_shopify_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information.|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
Functionality – SAVE THE WAVE uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in, payment services and remember cart contents. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
Advertising –SAVE THE WAVE uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. These cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. SAVE THE WAVE sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
Preference- When you are browsing or shopping on our site, these may remember your preferences such as currency, language or other settings chosen by you to enhance the convenience and overall site experience.
Analytics-SAVE THE WAVE use these cookies to measure and analyze customer behaviour on our site, working on its functionality and improving your customer experience.
Do not track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Data protection in countries outside Europe
SAVE THE WAVE is registered in the EU and operates internationally. The regulations outside of the EU may not be overseen by the European Commission. In order, we can still protect your personal data we will comply and use EU data protection clauses.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at email@example.com
By mail using the details provided below:
SAVE THE WAVE ®, Van Ostadestraat 146, 4a, 1072TE Amsterdam, Netherlands